As we review the material specification of Stand 47 further, in this post we take a look at some of the Saint-Gobain materials that we will be using in the walls and ceilings.
– Converts VOC’s* (Volatile Organic Compounds) and other pollutants into inert compounds.
– Passively improves indoor air quality.*
– Removes 70% of aldehydes from the air even after several renovations.
– Provides up to 50 years of VOC absorption, based on tests and analysis.
– Can be used with most water based acrylic and breathable wallpaper .
– More effective in reducing VOC’s than additional ventilation.
– Ideal for buildings with stringent air quality requirements: Residential, Educational, Health Care.
* What are VOC’s?
Volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) are hydrocarbon compounds that evaporate easily. With some of them, harmful effects on health have been demonstrated. 3 out of 4 VOCs contained in indoor air are aldehydes.
* Factors affecting indoor air quality:
Unsealed plywood or / Urea Aldehyde foam insulation / treated fabrics
Glues / carpets and furniture / carbonless copy paper, computers, copiers and printers / cleaning materials / paints, solvents, adhesives.
Gypwall moisture resistant
– The core of the board is impregnated with water repellent additives
– Suitable for use in areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
– Suitable base for tiling wet areas like showers. Adequate waterproofing must be included.
– Isover Cavitybatt insulation helps reduce sound transmission in bathroom areas.
– Continuous beads of SoundSeal are applied between building structure and framework to reduce sound transmission.
– GypWall DuraLine drywall systems have a duty rating established in accordance with all the full requirements of BS5234. This rating relates to the strength and robustness characteristics of a drywall system against specific end-use applications.
– Single layer 60min fire resistance to SANS 10177:2
– Four duty rating Categories.
– Major circulation areas for example corridors and stairwells.
– Designed for use in areas that require greater impact resistance and an increased level of robustness.
Gypceil prestige s (board)
– 9.5mm thick RhinoBoard used, with cross tees spaced at 40mm apart to eliminate sagging due to skimmed finish.
– Constructed with a T37K screw up ceiling grid
– Easy Clip installation
– Cross tees are reusable – manually moved
– Cross tees can be removed by twisting No tools required.
– Convenient punch out for easier thread-through wiring
– Framework aligns true in large installations.
– Provides a high quality aesthetic with concealed ceiling framework.
– Skimmed with Gyproc RhinoLite for smooth finish and enhanced aesthetics.
– Uniform skimmed finish provides flexibility to building design. Concealed ceiling grid allows for future space planning to be more flexible and without restrictions from ceiling grids.
Gypceil prestige s (steel brandering)
– Steel brandering framework has been designed to replace timber brandering.
– Easier handling + cutting, lightweight building material – quicker construction.
– Quick and easy levelling.
– Guaranteed straightness of long sections.
– Reduced waste due to availability of different lengths.
– Improved accuracy.
– Gyproc Sharp Point Screws 25mm spaced 150mm secure boards to framework, providing a much more positive fix as opposed to nails.